Friday, June 29, 2007

Weird Trek things I'd like to do part 1

Watch Enterprise all the way through with the peppy theme music for the first two seasons and the slower theme music for the last two. I don't dislike the peppy theme music of seasons 3 and 4 the way many folk do but I do think it is dissonant considering the darkness the crew is plunged into. With Archer resorting to piracy, the ship and crew in terrible disrepair, deaths every other episode.. the peppy "faith in my heart" deal is weirdly jarring. How much better to have had the slower theme for those seasons. Start off the series with the wildly optimistic peppy theme and switch to the more reflective one.

I've just starting re-watching Enterprise through from the beginning. I've only seen Broken Bow, it's not too late for this musical experiment. Of course I will miss all the credits, Guest Star this and Guest Star that but I can live without it. It will be a pain and I will probably give up after a while but I think I should try it.

I have abandoned Six Feet Under for the moment as I have failed to buy the dvd set at the bargain price. Because the sets are so inexpensive, especially when on sale, they fall into Mr. Teacake's ethics zone in which they must be purchased rather than downloaded. Mr. Teacake has these sudden ethical spasms and far be it from me to dissuade a man from his ethics especially if it means actual purchase of dvd sets. It goes like this: if you would buy it you should buy it. I would NOT buy Enterprise at its current price of AU188.00 a season so it is okay to download it. I will buy it when it is released in the affordable cardboard slipcovers, as I am currently buying DS9 (I've acquired seasons 1-4 so far). Just because I'm a collector doesn't mean I'm an idiot.

All of this is good news for this blog and it's thousands of readers because it means I won't be overly distracted by non-Trek.

In other news The Good That Men Do is so far a fabulous book.

No comments: